Knowing how to drive a car will enable you to enjoy one of the most memorable vacation experiences of all, the road trip. The road trip is a general phrase that describes a long trek made in a vehicle for pleasure or leisure. Road trips take a little planning though. Here are a few tips that will help make your first road trip much of a success.
- Decide on a destination: It is much of a good idea to choose a destination that is not too far away for your first road trip. A road trip can span only for a day. For example, choose a city which is a couple of hours away for your first road trip. You will enjoy a nice drive to your destination, spend some good time in a new place, and drive back home all in one day.
- Choose a route: Many people who take road trips mostly like to take the scenic route to their chosen destination. You can use a map or the internet to plan about a route. Some of the drivers prefer to take a back roads rather than interstate highways when they go on road trips. Although it may take longer to reach your destination on these roads, the views will be much more interesting and enjoyable.
- Consider your vehicle: Some vehicles simply are not made for long trips. Cars that are especially suited to road trips are sports cars, convertibles, cars that get great gas mileage, and small crossover SUVs. SUVs and minivans are also good road trip vehicles if you are traveling with several of your people. Vehicles that might not be great choices for such road trips are large trucks, large SUVs, and vans. Make sure that you will have plenty of room for your passengers since you will be spending several hours as much as you travel inside the vehicle. Also try to choose a vehicle that gets great gas mileage which would indeed help you much to reduce the cost of your trip especially for Indians who use their family vehicle for the trips.
- Get a tune up: If you are planning on driving your car over a long distance for several days, it is a great idea to let your mechanic check for problems before you start off. Get your oil changed, refill your windshield wiper fluid, and make sure all lights are working in order. These steps will reduce the chance of becoming stranded or experiencing mechanical issues during your favourite road trip.
- Plan for stops: It is quite reasonable to estimate that you will need to take a break from travelling every two or three hours. If there is an interesting city, park, store, or restaurant that you would like to see on your ongoing road trip, schedule stops accordingly. It is all a part of the road trip experience.
- Bring entertainment. Of course, the driver always need to focus his or her attention on the road. The passengers, however, might want some entertainment quite along the way. Ipods or music players with headphones, MP3 players, books, crossword puzzles, magazines, and travel journals are some excellent ideas for passing the time of travel on a road trip.
Munnar is one top destination for you to travel to for any weekend. Get your bags packed and make your way through for an amazing experience. You can even book Munnar cottages if you are looking for it here in munnar.